The workshop sought to bring together communication experts:
- To exchange experiences on the use of communication strategies in assisting civil society groups in Africa to improve the articulation and effectiveness of their organisations and/or campaigns;
- To learn from like-minded experts of the methodologies used in Latin America in developing communication strategies for social change;
- To critically analyse and adapt a draft manuscript on communication strategies;
- To develop together a suitable model for future workshops in this field for African civil society groups;
- To test this model with a civil society organisation in Namibia; and
- To become a part of a pool of facilitators dedicated to conducting future workshops in this area along the methodology adopted.
The workshop also affords fesmedia Africa and the participating communications experts an opportunity to collaborate on an ongoing project to strengthen the role of communication for development and social change across regions.