There is a concern that such lack of engagement may result in users relinquishing or compromising certain rights.
To address these impacts MMA and Digital Law with the support of fesmedia
Africa, presented an easily understandable guide to reading Terms and Conditions. The guide covers the following aspects:
- What are users expected to do;
- What user rights may be impacted by agreeing to certain Terms and Conditions;
- How severely such rights are impacted;
- Privacy implications for users; and
- The need for Terms and Conditions, privacy policies and cookie policies.
The simplified versions of Terms and Conditions, privacy and cookie policies covered five major social media platforms: Facebook; WhatsApp; Instagram; Twitter and Google.
The Tease and Seize website can be viewed under the link below: