VACANCY: Programme Coordinator
We are hiring!
fesmedia Africa is the continental wide media project of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) based in Windhoek, Namibia. With our partners in Africa, we are working towards a policy, legal and regulatory framework for the media which follows international human rights law, the relevant protocols of the African Union (AU) and declarations of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) or other regional standards in Africa.
• Analysis of the media landscape & trends in Sub-Saharan Africa from a socio-political perspective
• Conceptualisation & strategic planning of work streams & project activities
• Independent coordination & management of designated work streams and project activities
• Monitoring & written evaluation of projects activities and work streams
• Maintenance of close cooperation and coordination with project partners
• Editing and proof reading of publications (co-) produced by fesmedia Africa/FES
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• University Master’s Degree in social science field.
• Sound knowledge of the media policy landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa via work experience and academic studies.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a programme management capacity.
• Excellent programme management experience: planning, organizing, prioritizing skills, problem assessment & problem solving skills, evaluation skills.
• Excellent communication & social skills in a continent wide, multi-lingual & multi-cultural environment.
• Strong independent research and writing skills.
• Fluency in English & German. Working knowledge of French or an African language an advantage.
Applications supported by a motivation letter, a detailed CV, copies of educational qualifications and the names and contact information of 3 professional references should be emailed to: email@example.com by the closing date of April 30, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by May 4th, 2018.